Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tribute To My Mama




It is 5 years ago today that we laid my precious Mother to rest. I still miss her terribly and often wish I could pick up the phone and call her and hear her sweet voice. She lived to be 92 years old and still had a good mind and loving spirit. I think the thing she was most proud of was her family, and that they were all Christians. She truly loved the Lord.

She had such a wonderful attitude and never failed to tell you how much she loved you and appreciated you.

One of her other loves was football. Since she lived in Miami for many years, the Dolphins were her team. She often invited some of the young folks from Church over to her house to watch the ballgame with her. One of the pictures here was taken with Bro. Lonnie Johnson about a year before she died. He was a former NFL player before he decided to become a preacher.

The other picture is with 3 of our 4 children.

Love you Mom. Hope you are the first person I see when I get to heaven.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That is so sweet. I know you miss your mama. You'll see her again someday.

Take care!

Stacia said...

Very sweet post. Me and mom read it together. I can't believe it's been five years. She was such a spunky lady and I'll never forget how much she loved sports! I remember her stories about the bicycle shop and her house in Miami. Knowing that we have people like that waiting for us in Heaven makes us want to work even that much harder to get there!

Amber said...

You could definetly use a 9x9 pan! Being near the beach is probably the only thing that we love about being in FL.

Love your post about your mom. I lost my grandmother back in Feb, at about the same time that God gave us this new little life. My mom says we lost someone that we love, but God is giving us someone new to love.

Sarah said...

I hope I can be like your mother if I make it to that age. She sounds like a wonderful woman. I know she raised a great family.